Tomato sauce, wine, olive oil, chocolate, coffee, these are the most common stain maker, that attack our clothes, upholstery and carpets. Good news. The harsh chemicals you use to apply in carpet cleaning, are not the only solution for your domestic issues. You can save your favourite t-shirt and remove all stains from the kitchen. And what’s more, this can be done with non toxic environmentally safe products. Here is what nature holds for you: lemon.
Lemon is a natural source of acids, which makes it a powerful cleaning product. It can be used for whitening fabrics and even your skin.
Here are some unusual uses of lemon:
1. When your brass-ware loses its shine due to oxidizing lemon is the solution. Cut the lemon in halves and pour some salt on. Rub gently. There it is, spick and span.
2. Cleaning rust- rust on clothes is a very unpleasant stain. Make a paste of lemon juice and salt and rub on the spot. Rinse immediately after treatment.
3. Berry stains-berries are delicious but the stains they cause are very annoying. In case you do not need heavy carpet cleaning equipment and the stain is a minor, rub it with a fresh lemon. Rinse with a sponge.
4. Olive oil stains on your favourite shirt – all you need is few drops lemon juice squeezed on the spot.
5. Wine stains – red wine causes terrible stains. But lemon can clean them. Just sprinkle with lemon juice and put the fabric on direct sunlight.
Stay tuned for more. There will be more unusual lemon cleaning tips coming soon.« « previous post: Top 3 Strange Cleaning Products: Beer | next post: Carpet Cleaning Do’s and Don’ts » »