Vodka is a world famous liquor. The high alcohol percentage it contains makes it a widely used cocktail base but it is also a good disinfectant. It is not necessary to clean with expensive vodka, you can make good use of it in some other way. You will be surprised that vodka can serve for many purposes. Vodka can give you a buzz and make your home as clean as new and people using cleaning services should envy you. Choose the cheapest vodka beverage on the market, and keep the big brands for special occasions. Drinking a small vodka cocktail is a good way to start, if you worry that you will be wasting it on domestic cleaning. Now, let’s start cleaning:
- Vodka in the bathroom: It works well on ceramic tiles and glass surfaces. It is also effective in removing mould and mildew. Vodka polishes the bathtub and the sink, makes them sparkling and shiny. Put it in a spray bottle for easy use, spray and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Vodka window cleaning: All window cleaning detergents can be replaced with vodka in a spray bottle. Sprinkle the window glass and wipe gently with soft cloth. Dry it with a newspaper.
- Vodka against adhesives: Vodka is an eco-solvent. It can dissolve any tarnishes or residues in the kitchen. Unlike the kitchen detergents vodka is skin-friendly and has no smell.
- Vodka as a freshener: Dilute with 3 parts water and spray directly on your clothes or furniture. Cigarette smell has no chance.
- Vodka as a pesticide: It can be quite effective against ants. All indoor plants can be wiped with a soft cloth dampen with vodka. Against weeds a solution of vodka, water and dish soap has an immediate effect.
- Vodka stain removal: It can be applied to laundry or used in carpet cleaning. Blot the stain with a towel soaked in vodka. It works for grass stains, vomit etc.
So next time while drinking your vodka just be more practical and save the last sip to wipe your eye-glasses.« « previous post: Emergency Blood Stain Removal Tips | next post: Green Clean Kitchen » »